Tuesday 21 June 2016

Just the Three of Us





I feel like its been a really long time since I have sat down and just rambled about my little bug Harry.  I think its because he is no longer a baby so typical milestones happen less often and life is generally more consistent.  However for my lad and his magic ears there are so many milestones that I just don’t realise he has surpassed and I have found myself sitting and realising that for a kid that couldn’t hear just over a year ago he is doing pretty darn well!!

Harry can now say SO many words and understands pretty much everything that you say to him.  He will point out objects in picture books if you ask him to find something, his favourite books being anything Peppa Pig (ew) or Thomas.  If you ask him to put his shoes on you are generally faced with a big fat “NO” but it confirms he knows exactly what you want him to do, he just doesn’t want to do it like any other two year old! 

Being two and a half is really quite hard according to Harry.  Those of you with 18-20 month old babies who think they have entered the so called “terrible twos”, I promise you that you have seen nothing yet, the daily meltdowns are REAL people.. get your gin ready!!  Yes I am that mum with the screaming wild one unwillingly strapped in his pram because he wants to run off in town.  Don’t you hate the judgey looks from passers by!?  They clearly have never had a 2.5 mini person.  He is a terrible eater which stresses me out daily, he is defo one of those so called beige eaters and won’t touch fruit or vegetables at home.  We have really started to crack down on it though and I’m becoming quite strict with his snacks and treats.. any advice would be gladly received #stressedmumissues




However alongside the tantrums and mayhem, confusingly, comes the most loving moments.  Harry will often run opened armed and unprompted to embrace us in a huge bear hug and he blows us lovely kisses every night once hes tucked up in bed.  He has so much to say when I pick him up from his childminders and babbles away in his own little language whilst dropping the words “garden” and “park” in here and there.

Harry is and always has been a typical boy, in the sense that he loves nothing more than cars, trains, diggers and planes.  The day is never complete unless hes got one scraped knee and a ton if dirt under his fingernails!  He is finding the balance between play fighting and actually fist fighting and so far its not going too well!  He doesn’t quite understand how to tickle someone and its more like pinching and scratching but he really doesn’t mean to be so aggressive



Sitting and looking back at how Harry has evolved makes my heart feel so warm and fuzzy and I still get that bubbly proud feeling in my tummy when I tell people I have a little boy whom I am so fiercely proud of  

I feel like life is really great as a family of three right now and although people around me seem to be extending their families left right and centre I’m so content with my two boys, my team that seems to be growing ever stronger by the day.




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. My daughter just turned 2 in April so she is close to the same age as Harry. As a fellow mum of a (nearly) 2.5 year old, it does make me a bit emotional to see how far Harry has come! I remember commenting on the post when you first told us you found out that Harry is deaf. I had hoped that bringing up a deaf child would make you stronger as a person, and I can tell it definitely has! You are an amazing mum and you and your little family are shining so brightly. I applaud you for the way you have handled all of the tough situations that life has thrown at you. You are a complete inspiration to the rest of us who think we are doing it all wrong on a daily basis. You should be proud of that.

    Also, don't feel pressured to expand your family... it's got to be the right time for all of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely!! That was such a nice comment to wake up to this morning!! Xxxx

      Delete
  2. I have a terrible time getting my 22 month old to eat but in nursery she eats everything they give here, grrrr! Harry is adorable and I love reading your posts and seeing your updates 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is the exact same.. He eats all sorts of weird and wonderful things at his childminders! These pesky kids are sooooo confusing!
      Thank you lovely! X

      Delete
  3. Love this post, it made me emotional! It's hard being a parent but amazing too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! Its SO hard right but bloody amazing too :) x

      Delete
  4. So sweet to see how big he is getting, and how much he looks like you :)
    Alex Good

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son is currently 20 months and has been so hit and miss with his eating. he's a grazer so a lot of the time I think its not the food he doesn't like its the sitting still bit! can be so frustrating when you go to the trouble of making a nice meal! Hope your Harry becomes slightly less beige food obsessed as he gets a little older.
    Your blog is the first I ever came across when I was pregnant over 2 years ago and loved reading your weekly updates!
    Leona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry is getting a little better thanks to the help of a book recommendation!! I hope your son doesn't become as bad as mine!!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I can relate to this so much. My little one is 2 and a half and does all of the above lol! If I cut her sandwiches up the wrong way we often have a meltdown but then to ight I've not felt well and she's come in to see me, got under the covers, snuggled up with me and I had the nicest cuddle and kiss lol! Crazy how much they are learning at the moment and it goes almost unnoticed!! Just found your blog :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo's - you must be one proud Mumma!

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig