Sunday 22 January 2017

Our Wedding | Wish List & Inspirations

Scott and I have been engaged now for three months (catch the down low on his amazing proposal here!)  Which means that wedding planning has finally begun!  We have even set an actual date!!!  August 2018 I will become Mrs Houchin and I couldn't be more excited about it!

Firstly we have booked the most beautiful barn wedding location.. more about that in another post!  I knew from the offset that I wanted to get married in a barn.  There is something about the rustic, in formalness of it that I really like and I think it really suits mine and Scott's relaxed style.

Of course I have been scanning Pinterest like a cray cray person, if you follow me over there you are probably sick of the constant wedding pins!  I have chosen a copper/rose gold/nude sort of colour palette with wild flowers galore!  I want all 7 of my bridesmaids to wear different styles and shade dresses with a couple of them wearing some sparkly sequins.  

I thought I would share with you some of my favourite Pinterest finds so far...






Dress/Flowers: Not only do I LOVE these wild flowers this beautiful boho bride is holding but I actually love the dress too.  Those little sleeves are really different but cute.

Tie: Of course my man and his tribe need to match my girls and I reallyyyyyy want him to wear this exact tie!

Sequins: As I mentioned I love a bit of sparkle and I would love a couple of my bridesmaids in dresses like these!




Ceremony: This is an actual photo of my venue!!  How beautiful does it look!  I want tons of lights like in this photo so make it feel really cosy and magical

Pimp your Prosecco:  I'm going to make a cart exactly like this one as I love adding different flavours to my prosecco!

Wooden Pallet:  This is such a cheap and easy wedding DIY.  I am thinking I will do a couple of these pallets, one for an order of service and one for a menu.

Giant Lightbox:  I feel like I simply MUST have this giant lightbox in my life!!!  Think about how many different messages/song lyrics you can put on it.

Naked Cake:  Naked cakes are all the rage now aren't they.  They are so much less formal and fussy than traditional wedding cakes and I personally would much rather eat a vicky sponge than a manky fruit cake!

Place Names: I am 100% making my own name cards for our tables.  I really like these simple card ones.  I just need to learn how to write properly now!!

Centrepieces:  Wooden logs, glasses jars and bottles - I am all about that life.

Beer Barrow:  This is one for the men, and again a really simple idea for a wedding where you are able to supply your own drinks like ours!

Chalkboard:  You all know I love a chalkboard so my wedding wouldn't be complete without adding one of these!  I think its a great idea to let people know what hashtag you want them to use so they can capture your day for you on social media!



Are you planning a wedding??

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. My goodness I already know this wedding is going to have Style and GORGEOUS Written all over it. Don't tell the husband but after reading this I feel like getting married all over again! .. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks babe! Hopefully it will turn out how I dream it!!!! :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it'll be a beautiful day! My friend went for a similar theme with her bridesmaids/dress and the flowers and it looked beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, amazing venue, wish I'd gone for a hall/barn! X

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig