Friday 13 February 2015

Afternoon Tea at Sketch London





Often Afternoon Tea can be more about the location than the actual food and drink and you could be left with a caffeine headache and a less than full tummy. However if you decide to take your tea at Sketch in the heart of Mayfair, London this will certainly not be the case! The savouries are bottomless - that's right, you can literally gobble as many finger sandwiches as you dare!






Let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start), where my friend Sarah and I settled ourselves into The Gallery, a beautiful pink clad dining hall with walls adorned with artwork by David Shringlry. The pieces are cartoon like doodles which had us in stitches! A couple of our faves are below



The atmosphere felt so cosy for such a large room, unlike some other "posh" high teas we've been to, we felt at ease and relaxed into our comfy seats! The staff were ridiculously friendly and on top form immediately realising we were ladies in need of champers, and pronto! We of course sipped these like absolute ladies guzzled them down and moved swiftly on to filling our bellies with the sweet delights we could see around us! 



We weren't disappointed.. First off we tried the most delicious toasted cheese sarnie that's ever passed my lips! So delicious in fact that we ordered a second round! There was also amazing smoked salmon, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches all just as tasty, not a dry bit of crust in sight! Next was scones, 2 types of jam and of course lashings of clotted cream on top Nom Nom! This was followed by various miniature pastries and something in a shot glass (no idea what but it was sweet, fruity and oh sooooo good!) Oh and I mustn't forget to tell you about the tiny bowl of raspberry filled macaroon marshmallow goodness that literally melted in our mouths!



Our teapots were filled with good old British tea but the selection is vast if you're after something more exotic (I hear their chai is amazing) These weren't just any old tea sets though, each one had little hand written messages on them which has inspired me to "DIY Sharpie" onto some of my own cups and saucers!




One of my favourite parts of the experience was going to the toilet - and not in a TMI sort of way! In fact Meg from told me "make sure you go to the toilets at LEAST 3 times!!" Which I did. 
I don't want to ruin it for any of you who haven't had the chance to go to Sketch yet so I will leave most of my photos out and let you experience it yourself!! It's so fun!



Sarah and I spent a good few hours in Sketch and we felt under no pressure to order more drinks, food or to leave even though I'm pretty sure they were fully booked! We then tottered over to Libertys to try on some adorable hats and sniff out the latest Diptyque fragrance!

If you're looking for an Afternoon Tea with a difference and a relaxed but quirky atmosphere then Sketch is the place to go! I would love to hear all about it if you take a trip there!! Xx



SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That looks amazing. I think I may suggest going there for my birthday in a couple of months. Hope it's not booked up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly its so fabulous PLEASE go and do tell me all about it :)

      Delete
  2. Looks so fab Lucie! I'm such a sucker for Afternoon Tea - I want to try them all! Have got a pink themed one planned for my Birthday in March so hoping it's just as pretty as this looks! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh i hope its as pretty too! Afternoon Tea is so my thang! x

      Delete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig