Thursday 25 July 2013

A Royal Baby: Kate Middleton's Maternity Wardrobe




I don’t know if it was the pregnancy hormones but I almost burst into tears of joy when I saw this image on my TV screen!  To be honest I seem to cry at the slightest bit of news of a baby being born and don’t even get me started on when I watch One Born Every Minute

I for one was adamant that Kate would have a boy.. it is the year of the boy after all!!!  I am not a massive fan of the name George but it is rather regal I guess.. I really wanted them to call him James!!

So as the Royal Baby has finally arrived I thought it only polite to dedicate a post to the Duchess herself as she looked bloomin’ marvellous throughout her entire pregnancy - including the day after she had given birth (I MUST have that blue polka dot dress!!)


Here is Kate pictured at Windsor Castle sporting a teeny but noticeable bump and wearing a gorgeous Mulberry tweed coat.  This is a prime example of not having to buy all maternity clothing when you're pregnant and that normal clothes can work perfectly well.  I love her nude accessories  they really make the pastel colouring of the coat stand out and the shoes make her stick thin legs even longer


The Princess wore this Sophia dress by Erdem when her bump was getting a little bigger, which is another non-maternity style.  The print is stunning and you can find some really similar dresses from Isabella Oliver for a lot cheaper than this one


Kate wore this stunning egg shell blue dress to The National Portrait Gallery.  The dress is a piece by Emilia Wickstead and is actually a maternity version.  I think this pale blue shade and the shape and cut of the dress flatters all pregnant ladies


How cute is that bump??!  At 7 months pregnant here the Princess looks incredible!  This white polka dot Topshop dress has been said to have sold out in minutes after Kate was pictured in it, and it is no surprise as to why!  It looks great with the blazer and is a look so easy to recreate


Looking stunning again in a light peach ensemble and those lush nude shoes.  Kate went for a dress designed by one of the Royal dress makers and a cotton twill coat by Tara Jarmon.  I think pastels really suit her and give her a real pregnancy glow!

Congratulations to Wills and Kate!!!



SHARE:

2 comments

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig