Saturday 8 June 2013

17 Week Update


How far along? 17 Weeks/4 Months

Total weight gain:  No scales yet!!  But bump is well and truly popping out and getting bigger by the day

Maternity clothes?  Nothing new but due to the sunny weather of late I realise I need to buy some more maxi dresses and maybe some sort of maternity shorts as my wardrobe is not really exciting me for the summer ahead!!

Stretch marks?  None

Sleep:  I have had a couple of horrendous nights sleep this week.  Mainly due to the fact my uterus/baby is sitting right on top of my bladder so I constantly feel the need to pee!  As soon as I am up and awake I am really struggling to get back to sleep.  I guess there's nothing much I can really do about it either, when you've gotta go you've gotta go!

Best moment this week:  Our amazing incredible and fabulous 4D gender scan!!

Worst moment this week:  Thinking that we almost couldn't find out what the gender of our little baby is!!! I will do a review of my 4D scan soon and tell you all about it!

Miss anything?  Dippy eggs as usual but I have also missed alcohol a little this week! You can't beat an evening in the pub garden with a cider or a pimms can you!?

Movement: I felt the first flutters at night whilst getting ready for a lovely nights sleep on Sunday 2nd June!  That made me 16+1 which is really early to feel something but I definately did and it continued all week as well!  It feels just like a butterfly flying about inside and I can't wait to feel more and more

Food cravings:  Still loving coke and fizzy drinks this week which is bad as I know how sugary they are but they make me feel good so oh well!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Coffee and cigarette smells. Yuck

Gender: After 2 sessions with the 4D scanner we finally found out we are having a little BOY!!!!! I am so excited! I always thought I would want a girl and would panic if I was having a boy but the last few weeks I just knew we were having a boy and I was really drawn to male names and blue things!!!! I cannot wait for our little man to arrive

Labor signs: None

Symptoms:  I have felt really good this week!!  Probably the best I have felt in the pregnancy!  Tailbone pain has gone, headaches have passed and I feel like I have a little more energy even with the restless nights

Belly button in or out?  In

Happy or moody most of the time?  H.A.P.P.Y

Looking forward to:  Now we know what we are having I cannot wait to start collecting clothing and such things!!

Bump:







SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Awww congratulations!!! :)

    I had a 4D scan at 16 weeks to find out the gender too, it was amazing!
    Little boys are SO lovely, all the blue is fab and they are soooo cute hehe.
    Have fun buying clothes and choosing names! :)

    Hayley
    Sparkles &

    Stretchmarks

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Exactly baby boys are super cute and I am already in love with the clothing! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the year of the boy! Can't wait for our play dates xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is SO the year of the boy! Our boys are going to keep us on our feet SJ! x

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig