Tuesday 7 May 2013

That Positive Line

Finding out we were having a baby was a SHOCK! It wasn't planned and I literally had no idea until I started to feel a bit poorly and took a trip to the GP. There's me sat waiting to hear the usual "you have a virus.. its going around.. nothing we can do" when I am told there is actually a little life growing inside of me! I nearly fainted
The first thing that went through our heads was how on earth are we going to afford having a baby!! But after much sitting down and being realistic about our earnings and things we spend money on that we don't need we realised that we could actually support a baby and ourselves as good as anybody else can. We also had to think about how our lives would change having the responsibility of a little one but both decided that it would change for the better and we're ready for it!
Now almost 13 weeks on we are super excited and cannot wait to meet the little lady or man we are to be the proud parents of!!

We don't know whether our baby will be pink or blue yet of course, but we will be finding out for sure! I hope you enjoy following our progress and I would love to follow yours too if you are also expecting!!

What did you feel like when you found out you were pregnant?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Congratulations :) Looking forward to seeing your updates. I blogged my WHOLE pregnancy and loved it and am now on my 2 week postpartum :) I'm going to print off every entry and make a book for my baby when she is older :)

    Don't worry about the money, it will all come into place :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jd!! We have our first scan today and soooo nervous/excited!! The book is such a good idea I love it!!!

    What is your blog address? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations :) i blogged all through my last pregnancy so nice to look back on! cant wait to see if you have a boy or girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura! I actually followed your pregnancy on your blog :) Its such a lovely thing to keep track of isn't it!! Something to focus on for the long months as well!
    I can't wait either eek! Thanks for following xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucie,

    You scan picture looks lovely :) I'm so glad it all went well for you. Can't wait until your 20 weeks one!

    My blog is http://mummieswaiting.blogspot.co.uk/

    I saw you comment on it, thats how I found yours! I see you are using my style for your weekly updates :) That's fantastic, its so fun to do, i've enjoyed looking back on mine to see what things were like!

    It's better now I get to blog about my baby girl though!

    Good luck, can't wait to see more updates :D

    Jade and baby Kairi x

    p.s. been trying to subscribe to your blog and I can't :/

    Also, do you mind if I link you on my blog, in case my readers want to read about someones pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh yes I read your blog :)

    I copied the weekly updates from the Style Diet who I think also go them from you so thank you! Such a good way to lay it all out

    Yes no problem at all, I will also add a blogroll to mine and add you to that too

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog reading from beginning. .I felt exactly how u did when I found I was pregnant. I knew I could of been as I felt different and kept hvn nose bleeds..but then I though it would b a negative among all the other test I had...im going to enjoy reading your blog..here mine if u wana read

    Www.babyobstacles.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig