Wednesday 8 May 2013

13 Week Update


How far along? 13 weeks today!

Total weight gain: Haven't got he foggiest until my next midwife appointment in a couple of weeks!

Maternity clothes?  None yet.. clothes are feeling very snug though and I have been secretly unbuttoning my jeans and trousers whenever I'm sat down!

Stretch marks?  None *touches wood*

Sleep:  Can't get enough of it!  Feeling completely and utterly exhausted

Best moment this week:  Reaching the 12 week "safe" mark!!!!  It feels like it took forever and ever to arrive! AND our scan!!!!

Worst moment this week:  Having a horrendous headache for 3 days straight!

Miss anything?  I am missing dippy eggs so so much! I adore them!!! Can't wait to eat them again waaaah!

Movement:  None

Food cravings:  No real strong cravings apart from a mad cheese fest last weekend where I ate half a block of stilton! Oops! Oh and I seem to keep wanting Wagamama's Pork Ramen aaaall the time!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  The smell of coffee isn't going down too well for me, which sucks when you work in an office full of it!!

Gender:  Not known

Labor signs:  None

Symptoms:  I had a couple of days off work this week due to the most horrific headache! I couldn't shift it at all and it made me feel incredibly dizzy and sick! Eventually it went away on its own and I hope it never comes back! I read in a pregnancy book that headaches are extremely common and is all down to those pesky hormones. 
If I'm honest I have been feeling pretty rubbish since I was around 9 weeks.  I have been mega hormonal, exhausted and suffering from terrible skin!  I am looking forward to this "glow" everyone speaks of to creep up on me!!  I have also had horrible sharp pains in my tailbone every evening/night for the last 2 weeks.  I asked my midwife who told me this is really common and is just where your uterus is sitting in your body and will most like continue and get worse throughout :-( !  She recommended taking breaks from sitting at my desk and to try using an exercise ball when at home. Has anyone else had these pains this early on?

Belly button in or out?  Very much in!

Happy or moody most of the time?  Happy when I am not feeling sick and exhausted and when having a good skin day!!

Looking forward to:  My next scan on 26th June when we will find out if its a girl or a boy!!

Bump:




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Aw very cute :) I didn't know you can't eat eggs when you're pregnant! How come??

    Good luck with everything though :)

    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told by my midwife that runny eggs could cause your baby to contract listeria, from bacteria in undercooked eggs! You are encouraged to eat lots of eggs though for the protein just as long as they are fully cooked!

    Thank you so much :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news... You can eat dippy eggs as long as they are Lion eggs :)
    Bad news.. you may not have know you can't have mc donalds milkshake or their ice cream/ ice cream man ice cream :/

    Take it easy with your pains, I developed SPD early on and ended up on crutches the whole pregnancy and still have the pain until 6 weeks :/ so glad it's nearly gone now. So please take it easy!!

    The glow... I never got it... some people say it's just a polite way to tell a pregnant lady she is sweaty! Nah, I really hope you get the glow, I bet your bump will look amazing to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH amazing! I did not know this.. bring on the Lion eggs!

    Yes, I have heard you can't have Mr Whippys etc or Mcflurrys due to the bacteria in the tubes they are dispensed out of apparently! Rubbish huh!

    Oh no I have heard a couple of people say about SPD to me as well.. i'm going to mention it again at my 16 week appointment and see if they can check it out as its not getting any better!

    Aww thanks.. I can't wait to at least look pregnanct and not just a little bit podgy lol! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lucie & The Bump. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig